Autoimmunity 2024 is committed to integrating sustainable meeting practices and initiatives that go beyond slogans and result in useful achievements.
We firmly believe that we all have a part to play in preserving our future for generations to come, both locally and across the globe.
Therefore, we are organizing the 14th International Congress on Autoimmunity with sustainability in mind – for our planet and environment, as well as for everyone involved with the event: from the organizing team and committees, through our partner chain, all the way to the delegates we welcome.
The 2024 Meeting destination city and congress center are also aligned with our vision of improving our environmental and society impact.
Autoimmunity 2024 and the Sustainable Development Goals
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs, also known as the Global Goals) are 17 goals with 169 targets that all UN Member States have agreed to work towards achieving by the year 2030. They set out a vision for a world free from poverty, hunger and disease.
We at Autoimmunity 2024 want to do our part to promote the achievement of these goals in our own value chain. The SDGs that we support and work towards are:
How You Can Contribute as an Autoimmunity 2024 Participant
As individuals, as well as a community, each of us can and should contribute towards maintaining the natural ecological balance in the environment and preserving the planet and its natural systems and resources. Here is what we invite you to do as part of the Autoimmunity Congress:
- Use the mobile app (instead of printing) to inquire about the program details
- Use more sustainable ways of travelling to and around Ljubljana (take the train instead of a flight; ride a bike or walk instead of a taxi)
- Reduce the waste you generate and separate disposal
- Opt for reusable mugs and bottles
Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
At Autoimmunity 2024, we strongly believe that well-being is not only a desirable outcome but also an integral core value that forms the foundation of our Congress. As experts in the field of autoimmunity, we hold a moral obligation to prioritize the well-being of our patients, colleagues, and society at large. By prioritizing well-being, we showcase our unwavering commitment to ethical principles that shape our work and uphold the highest level of care.
Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
Supporting accessible high-quality education for our community is our top priority. Throughout the organization of Autoimmunity 2024, we strive to constantly improve the scientific program, introduce more accessible Congress alternatives and support onsite attendance, eliminate gender disparities in education, and ensure long-term education for our attendees.
Our 2024 Initiatives:
- High-Quality Scientific Program– Carefully crafted by an international team of Autoimmunity experts. We aim to constantly improve the session formats, introduce new relevant topics and invite the best international experts
- Promoting Sustainable Development– We enquire and opt for more sustainable options from our vendors, openly communicate our efforts to do better, and encourage our partners and participants to reduce their footprint too.
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable
Our 2024 Initiatives:
- Together with the Meeting venue, we are striving to make Autoimmunity 2024 more and more accessible to those in vulnerable situations like persons with disabilities or elderly people. – All the exhibition halls, meeting rooms and restaurants in the venue meet the essential standards for accessibility. Guide dogs are permitted on the premises.
- By choosing Ljubljana as the Congress destination, we are working towards sustainability – the city and the venue are very sustainable in a lot of ways.
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
We realize the impact large-scale events like the Autoimmunity 2024 could have on the environment, therefore sustainable production and consumption is one of our main priorities in the organization of the 2024 congress. We have been working with our suppliers and the venue to ensure maximum positive change.
Our 2024 Initiatives:
- We will be using the detailed and well-structured Congress Mobile App to give information for the attendees to read along with a mini program.
- All materials that need to be printed will be produced from recycled materials – textile, paper etc. with the appropriate certification.
- Limiting printed promotional materials for Autoimmunity 2024 at other events and those of other events at Autoimmunity 2024. We encourage digital alternatives instead.
- We encourage all our exhibitors to join us in this initiative and reduce single-use giveaways at their stands.
- All course materials will be available in digital format. Course attendance certificates will be sent electronically.
More sustainable catering:
- The food items offered to our participants will be seasonal, organic and prepared from local and regional products
- All food & beverage utensils will be reusable or compostable
Conscious Garbage Disposal & Waste Treatment
- Selective waste collection throughout the building (paper, combustible waste, glass and tins)
- Delegate badge collection at the end of the event
- Hand towels & toilette paper are made of recycled paper (EU Eco label)